Walk for HOPE. Walk for HELP. Walk for LIFE.
Sunday, September 15, 2019
Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
Join our Les Turner ALS family at the ALS Walk for Life, Chicagoland's largest gathering of people living with ALS and their friends and family.
Teams fundraise in honor or memory of a loved one with ALS and gather in a day full of celebration, hope and courage. With food, music and children’s activities, the day is meant for all those who love or have loved someone living with ALS to come together as one, big family.
When you attend the ALS Walk for Life, you’ll take a two-mile stroll along Chicago’s beautiful lakefront and finish your walk going through iconic Soldier Field before crossing the finish line.
There is no charge to participate in the Walk but fundraising is encouraged! The funds raised are crucial in our work to ensure no one living with ALS has to face the disease alone. With your help, we can provide the most comprehensive care to people living with ALS while providing hope through research at our Les Turner ALS Center at Northwestern Medicine. Come, join our family, and together we will create a world free of ALS.
Walk Route Map
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
8:30am - Grounds Open
9:30am- Tents Open and Pre-Walk Festivities Begin
10:40am - Opening Ceremony
10:55am - Teams Make Their Way to the Start Line
11am - Walk Kicks Off
11:30am - Team Photo Area Inside Soldier Field Opens
1pm - Team Photo Area Inside Soldier Field Closes
2pm - Walk Ends, Stadium Green Closes
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
- Children's area with coloring, temporary tattoos, obstacle courses and more
- Complimentary refreshments
- DJ and dancing
- Les Turner ALS Center tent featuring poster presentations and the opportunity to meet world-renowned Clinicians and Researchers
- Merchandise tent offering Foundation items
- National ALS Registry and Biorepository representatives on-site
- Vendors including Sparkling Ice, Corner Bakery, Lee n' Eddie's, Stan's Donuts, RXBar, NuMotion, National Seating & Mobility, Mobility City and more
- Blood draw for ALS research
- Special appearances by Mickey & Minnie Mouse and Elmo
MARCH OF FACES BANNER
Our Les Turner ALS family walks in honor or memory of loves ones with ALS. We see it on our Team shirts, posters and our March of Faces Banners. These banners are pictorial displays of the courageous women and men - both here and gone - with ALS.
We welcome all submissions, so send in your request by Wednesday, August 21st to be a part of this year's March of Faces Banner.
If you're interested in being a volunteer at the ALS Walk for Life, please fill out this Volunteer Form.
Would you like to be a sponsor for the ALS Walk for Life? Here's our Sponsor Packet with all the information you need to get started!
Check out photos from the 2018 ALS Walk for Life